The Sixth International Workshop on
Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P'10)
in conjunction with The Eighth Annual IEEE International Conference
on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2010),
March 29 - April 2, 2010
Peer-to-peer (P2P) networks have received great research interests because of their broad applications such as large-scale file sharing and media streaming services. Until now, the success of P2P paradigms has been mainly in traditional wired network environments. With the advance of modern wireless and mobile communications (e.g., WLAN, MANET, WiMAX, 3G, 3.5G, and emerging 4G), there is an increasing interest for mobile users with broadband access to participate in P2P services anywhere anytime through their mobile handheld devices.
Wireless mobile networks have special characteristics, such as highly variable connectivity, disconnection, location-dependency, energy and resource sensitivity, communication asymmetry, high bandwidth expense, and so on. All these pose research challenges that do not exist in traditional network settings. New techniques are thus required in order to leverage mobile P2P computing for efficient and reliable applications and services.
Mobile P2P is a cross-disciplinary research involving networking, information dissemination, databases, and security. The main goal of the workshop is to gather scientists from these areas together to foster collaboration and sparkle discussion on various aspects of mobile P2P, including but not limited to, mobile users' scenarios and usage cases, overlay design, development and deployment, mobile data dissemination, mobile database management, and location-based information services. The workshop also aims to discuss mobile P2P in various networking environments such as vehicular, cellular and/or large-scale heterogeneous networks.
History of the Workshop
- 2009, The 1st International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Information Services (MP2PIS09), May 19, 2009, Taipei, Taiwan. In conjunction with 10th International Conference on Mobile Data Management: Systems, Services and Middleware (MDM-09).
- 2008, The 5th International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P08), March 21, 2008, Hong Kong, China. In conjunction with 6nd IEEE International Conference in Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom'08).
- 2007, The 4thInternational Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P07), March 23, 2007, White Plains, NY, USA. In conjunction with 5th IEEE International Conference in Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom'07).
- 2006, The 3rd International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P06), March 17, 2006, Pisa, Italy. In conjunction with 4th IEEE International Conference in Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom'06).
- 2004, The 1st International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P04),March 14, 2004, Orlando Florida. In conjunction with 2nd IEEE International Conference in Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom'04).